Weight Loss Goal

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Can't Wait for my First Adjustment

Well, I've had a taste of what people call "bandster hell". The past week and a half have been very trying. The swelling from the surgery is gone and I am no longer restricted what so ever. I can eat any thing I want and quite a bit of it. I have developed pretty good will power, I will need it even when by band gets adjusted. I have done well at not gaining, and slowly losing, but it hasn't been easy. I just remind myself that I went through all of this for a reason, I'm not going to throw it all away! I have goals in mind and I really want to reach them by the date I have given myself (I am VERY goal oriented).

I am going to start my ab lounger tonight, I will have to wipe the dust off it before use. lol I'm also going to move my walking up to 40 minutes instead of 30, and see how I do.

We have a friend's wedding in Arizona at the end of the month and I want to be down to 185. I have 2 weeks left to lose 11 pounds. eeekk! If you have any great pointers, I would love to hear about them! I usually do pretty good with my eating during the week, it's the weekend that really get me.

6 comments:

  1. I only have one suggestion, maybe still to low carb/low fat. I seem to lose quicker without the carbs, but I will also be the first to tell you it requires alot of willpower, at least for me it does :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right with you in bandster hell, I had the day from hell yesterday. I am trying very hard to let it go and keep moving towards my goal. I have never used an ab lounger, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to stick to the low carb/low fat diet. That seems to work the best from what I've heard. This week should be better, the weekends are what kills my diet. My husband works away during the week, so it's not so hard to just feed myself. I actually thought about having a protein shake for breakfast, and protein shake for lunch with only water to drink in between unless I get really hungry. Then eat a sensible dinner.(Low calorie, low fat, low carb, high protein) I was going to do it 3 out of 5 days this week and see how it effects my weight. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in bandster hell too! My story sounds alot like yours with infertility...that is a main reason for this surgery and my health!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jody! Sorry to hear you are stuck in the hard period before your first fill! When do you get your first fill? Congrats on staying motivied and in control, you should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first fill is on the 26th of October, so I only have to wait another week. WHEW!

    ReplyDelete